Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Just a little more pink.


As if the girl's room didn't have enough pink, I went and added some more. At first when I saw these $30 night tables on Craigslist, I was thinking white.


But then I discovered Martha Stewart's "Ballet Slipper" from Home Depot.


And my visions of white started turning a little rosy.


The drawer pulls on top were broken, so I threaded fabric through for temporary handles. One day I'd like to purchase these darling knobs from Anthropologie.

They are a little spendy though, especially considering they cost almost as much as the tables themselves. But they'll definitely add the finishing touch.

We swapped out their table lamps with two swing-arm sconces we had in storage. I'm liking the practicality of them. We also added an old jute throw rug to provide a bit more texture to the room, and my old chippy white bench from childhood now sits at the foot of Middle Bear's bed.


Here is the before:

And after:

Not too drastic of a difference. Just a little more pink.

On the topic of children's rooms, you all need to go see what Erica Cook from Moth Design cooked up. It's a design blog dedicated to children's spaces. What an excellent idea huh? It's called "Little Moth"...big style for little people. SO sweet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...