Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Week of Eating Out!

Well since Mother’s Day it has been almost non-stop eating out – I got such a taste for the wonderful place we went to for Mother’s Day that I had to take my husband there (he was out of town and couldn’t make the family dinner).

It’s called Fork In The Road and it’s awesome…and very reasonable so anyone living within the area you really must go. So on Tuesday night we went!
http://www.foodspot.com/Clients/WI/Mukwonago/ForkInTheRoad/default.aspx?accid=19258

friends2

And then yesterday we went to
The Gingerbread House
for lunch and I WILL GO BACK!
http://gingerbreadfarmhouse.com/


I was told about this place by Ann from http://aholeinthebasketprimitives.blogspot.com/
and
http://1803ohiofarmbaskets.blogspot.com/

She was at my Home Show this past November and said I must go there…well it has taken me this long to finally get there…the one time we went, they were closed for the holidays…imagine! lol

We ate our lunch  in this cozy restored farmhouse in one of the little rooms all decked out with beautiful Spring flowers set in enamel Coffee Pots of all different sizes and colors for each table…how cute is that!
Each table is different as well – we sat at a huge wood antique off white farm table. It was a table for 6 but they put us there anyway – right next to the fireplace. The table next to us was a cute round bistro table with two of the most scrumptious Colonial upholstered chairs – they were perfect for dining and done in a dark gold and black mini check…oh to have those
in my house! yummmmm.
Here’s an example of the pots
Blue Enamelware Coffee Pot

The menu was wonderful…mostly sandwiches, salads and soups, and the desserts are – well, let’s just say you can’t resist any of them….and we didn’t….we split a ‘warm Blackberry Torte Cake….oh my goodness – that’s all I can say!

friends2

Well it has been raining here for the past few days and now I’m tired of it….the ground is wet enough for the plants and trees so NOW IT CAN STOP! Plus it’s so darned cold.

I don’t have much to say today so my post is a bunch of rambling
But I did want to say THANK YOU AGAIN TO EVERYONE WHO SIGNED UP FOR MY MYSTERY DRAWING….
I wish everyone could have been a winner – I know I’m a winner just by having so many wonderful friends and followers.

Hugs, Karen

This Graphic from Holly Berry Corners
 friends2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...