Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Seeing Red…again!

AS IN ‘RED GERANIUMS’

I had a free day yesterday and so I finally had a chance to bring up all my flowers and get them out – not that I have an array of different ones, you all know by now I’m a softy when it comes to Geraniums … it’s one of my favorite flowers to decorate with next to Lavender – which I totally forgot to bring up.

Yesterday it reached 89 degrees and no air con. and the humidity was 55% – not bad but if you knew me I can’t stand heat or
temps over 70/72 and no humidity … but that said, I put on as little as I could get away with for clothes and went about
putting out the flowers.

Don’t have much as far as information to add today so hope you enjoy the pictures.

Here’s the stash before I put them around!
I had 11 pots and 6 clusters to work with
Wishing I had more white after using the two I had
Geraniums 1

 Geraniums 2

 Geraniums 3

Now here’s where they all ended up

I think this turned out great….it’s my Americana display – I bought an old box last Winter and love the printing on it … and it’s Blue so it worked great for this in our screen room
In Screen Room 2 
close up of box
Blue box closeup

In the kitchen by the side windowKitchen table

In a Salt Glaze bowl in the den
On blue table 

In a crock under a table in the family room
Under table

On the fireplace
Fireplace

One I do every year….in my large trencher in the dining roomOn dr table

And outside on the courtyard
On Brick 1

And last - in a basket above our bed
Over bed

Now just a couple pictures of some flowers I set outside
These are by the garage
 
By garage

Back door area
I use the large Redwing crock for my displays all year long.
I keep the birch twigs in there for fullness and just add my flowers
for the seasons and at Christmas we put a lit tree in itBack porch

Courtyard area – finally got my flowers planted and it stormed that night and knocked off most of the little pinks!
courtyard plants
side garden Plants 1

On the front porch
This actually looks better than it is showing – picture doesn’t
show how very nice it really looks for some reason
I bought this tall bucket at a shop up north, it’s about 36 inches tall
Front porch 

I’ve been trying to visit all of you as I can this week – have to be gone all of tomorrow to my aunts to help there so won’t
have access to a computer but will be back for the weekend and will check in on more blogs – I’ve got a lot of catching up to do!

I think my girls liked their winnings from my giveaway! Hope so!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...