Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, April 18, 2010

When will Spring get here!!!

I’m serious about my ‘heading’ statement…it’s cold here today.
When I woke up it was only 33 degrees! Seems we get a day or two of 70-80’s and then it drops drastically to the low 30’s…I WANT SPRING AND SUN!

I saw that our Service Berry bushes had buds on them earlier this week and overnight they popped out…I couldn’t get there fast enough this week to take progress shots so did it last night.
These are my two favorite of all time bushes we have. First they get this wonderful white flower and then a huge red berry that the birds just love.

In a couple days these blooms will be a lot fuller and hopefully I won’t
miss it  before the wind blows the flowers off…which happens very quickly….they are a short lived flower.
That’s about all the Spring flower we get because we have so much shade – our plantings are mostly shade and don’t bloom till early Summer – so I cherish these pretty white flowers

Service Berry 1

Service Berry


What an outpouring of comments on my last post…THANK YOU ONE AND ALL – I NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE RECEIVED SO WELL – 77 comments - and to think 99.9% of you think the way I do – I was amazed…and very scared to post it but it was something I needed to find out.

Here was the last comment from my previous post –
it’s from Dale Elizabeth and she’s so right.
Dale Elizabeth said...
“Wow Karen....I think you hit a nerve...LOL
I am with you...even when I try Face Book, I end up "writing on my own wall?", when I think I am talking to someone else! I am no good at it, and it is too fast and impersonal. I want more more more than that gives. I think for the young, fast paced techno crowd who are used to texting it's a hit.”
Dale

FOR THOSE THAT LOVE IT AND USE IT REGULARLY AND USE IT FOR
THE GOOD IT’S A WONDERFUL THING
and I’m happy it’s out there for those people.
I’m just not one of them….

So that said I THANK EVERYONE OF YOU FOR SUCH A
WONDERFUL OUTPOUR OF THOUGHTS AND as
Grammy Linda / Behind My Red Door said...
”Thought provoking posts like this are good!
It gives us a chance to voice our opinion in a friendly zone!!”
I totally agree.

 Bring on the sun

Yesterday we got another chance to see our friend Linda (from St. Kitts)
Yes, she’s back again after being here the end of March for
her father’s funeral.
She had to come back to Raleigh, NC for her one year 
Cancer check up – which by the way she is CANCER FREE!
And then her and her sister Laura flew up here to be with their other sister Mary, and we all met at a favorite restaurant for drinks and appetizers and hugs and kisses before she has to head back home to St. Kitts.

Us and Linda and sisters
Linda, Mary, Doug, Laura, Me

 Bring on the sun

Well I just found the sweetest blog from one of the comments on my
previous post….go see Marcia at http://higglersnotch.blogspot.com/
She is new and would love to see you come for a visit
Higglers Notch 

Not a lot going on with me right now – want to get my Spring
flowers and my flag out on the deck porch this next week if the weather stays nice that is….I’ve been looking at all your pretties and am getting over anxious now – power of suggestion you know…gotta do it!!!

Have a pleasant weekend
Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...