Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Grand-Colors and Grand-Children

Our Monday started out sunny and temps in the 70’s and by 5 pm it was thundering and lightening
and then it started to pour….and it rained
and thundered most of the night….
and it’s still going on.

Bring on the sun

Our Granddaughter Emily and Grandson Joe came on Monday morning and are here till this evening….they are off for Spring break and with mom and dad working this is a good chance for us to be together. Unfortunately Grandpa got called to do a delivery so he took off at noon for Texas.
But we did some errands and then went to
lunch with him before he left.

Kids and I spent the rest of the day playing cards, reading and eating. Joe wanted to watch a DVD
so I let him do that for a bit…not much
TV when they are here.

We were all settled in and around 7:30 the door bell rang and it was our daughter in-law Jamie and granddaughter Alexandra. Alex works at McDonalds and just got off work and had to come show us her new car she just bought ALL BY HERSELF TODAY….NO HELP FROM ANYONE…not even the paperwork or anything. She doesn’t make much working there so it has taken her some time to save up enough to pay cash for one.

It’s not the newest or the best….BUT IT’S HERS AND SHE PAID FOR IT….and at almost 17 (May 19) that’s just wonderful! Plus she had to have money
for license, registration and insurance. She did good!

Here she is all proud….mind you she just got off work and was looking a bit ragged but smiling and JABBERING A MILE A MINUTE…but that’s not anything different….she is constantly smiling and jabbering. IT’S JUST ALEX!!!!
Alex Car
Alex Car 1

Well today it’s still pouring so the kids are
reading while I’m doing this….not sure what
we’ll do when I’m done but I’m sure they’ll
find something for us to do.

Not a very interesting post today but just wanted to check in and let you all know I’m still kicking!

Have any of you seen the newest painting technique out there…I have been reading about it on the APP forum I’m on…here’s their link:  http://fabulousfinishes.wordpress.com/caromal-colours/
The finished are just wonderful and I was wondering is any of you have used this product. I have
a couple pieces of furniture I want to redo.
Here are a few samples….the rest
are shown on the forum.

Bayberry over Chocolate
Bayberry over Chocolate

Colonial Blue over Chocolate
Colonial Blue over Chocolate

Mustard over Peppercorn
Mustar over Peppercorn

Paprika over Putty
Paprika over Putty

Cobblestone over Chocolate
Cobblesone over Chocolate

Peppercorn over Paprika
Peppercorn over Paprika

These are just a few I’ve seen on the forum…gorgeous aren’t they?

Well that’s it for now…wish I had something fun
and interesting and decorative worthy but it’s
just not happening right now.
Today will be spent with Emily and Joe

I’m hoping to get some of my Spring flowers out
soon and then I can take some pictures of the
interior and exterior….until then…HUGS

Karen

Bring on the sun

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...