Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 26, 2010

The Untouchable Basket

There are very few things the children can't touch in our home. One of the reasons I was drawn to the vintage/farmhouse/cottage style in the first place is because it is so relaxed and family friendly.


There is one piece in our home however, that is totally off limits to everyone but myself. You see that basket under the table below? That would be it.



It's protected at least a little by the table it sits under. I love how it fits snugly. Just right.



The minute I saw it I fell in love with the way the wicker is woven so uniquely. I loved the canvas liner and turned to its side, the charmer even shows off sweet little bows.


I also loved the brushed-on subtle blue stain. It's as if the person creating it knew it was perfect for my home, for this table, for our family room. But they must have missed the part about us having six children.

You see it remains off limits not because it's worth a lot in value. I picked it up for $12 at TJ Maxx. It's untouchable because it could fall apart with the slightest push or tug. It's poorly made is what it is.

I almost didn't buy it because I knew it wouldn't last a week in our house before falling apart into a thousand teensy weensy wicker pieces that would likely get strewn all over the living room.


But I bought it and decided to threaten everyone instead. If anyone touches my precious basket, they owe me $20. $12 to cover the cost and $8 for pain and suffering. It's true... you can ask my children. No one has touched it, and it's been over a year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...