Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 12, 2010

So much for the illusion




I've admired these bluish vintage looking jars at Anthropologie for some time now. I just happened to visit there today to return something and much to my delight they had two jars left in their sale room for 50% off! Not only that, but they were just about the same price as the item I was returning, so it's kinda like I got them for free. ;)



Just perfect for our new fireplace mantel, don't you think? My daughter cut some honeysuckle vines for one of the jars.



And sitting in the other jar? Yes, that would be chalk. You see... my grand plan of creating an illusion of a real fireplace insert went by the wayside today, as soon as my kids got a hold of the chalk. I bought the chalk with the intention of roughing up the black a bit to make it look a little more like slate. But they had better ideas. They spent a good part of the afternoon creating artwork on our very fancy antique chalkboard.



But you know what? I don't mind it. I decided to display the chalk right on top for whenever the urge might strike.



Don't forget that my give-away ends tonight at midnight (EST). Click here to see how to enter. I'm so excited to see who wins these adorable glasses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...