Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Geraniums – real or faux

I went shopping today at JoAnn’s for some much needed DMC
and while I was there I saw they had their wonderful Geraniums on sale – I have only bought mine from there over the past years…they are the best and look so real. Had many compliments on them as well so I had to get some new ones because some of mine are many years old and looking a bit faded although they really are nice yet…oh, who
am I kidding…I WANTED SOME NEW ONES!

Don’t they look wonderful? I got 2 large potted and 4 clusters which are actually the same as in the potted ones but I guess I paid for the pots.
The potted ones were $19.00 at 40% off so basically I got two
for almost the price of one.
The clusters were $4.99 at 50% off so I got 4 for the price of two!
PICT0008
   qfdivider

I also bought a much needed summer flip flop – most of them hurt my
feet and i don’t like how they clomp when you walk but I found these wonderful Skechers Tone Ups and are they comfortable and
it certainly won’t hurt me to have LOTS of help to Tone Up! 
Flip Flops
Flip Flops 1 toneups_topBanner_04_1271868803690
qfdivider

This week was a busy one with working in the yard – the weeds
were looking prettier than the plantings – maybe because there
were so many and speaking of that…..
I DO NOT HAVE ANY ‘CONEFLOWERS’ ANYMORE!!!
My husband got so busy pulling weeds that he just kept going along the picket fence and just kept pulling. I looked over and the whole area
was bare and I about screamed! Well – I did YELL….what the
heck are you doing and a few more words….

Maybe I should have gone a little easier…lol, poor guy couldn’t tell the difference between the new growth of the Coneflower from the weeds. I’ll have to give him that…they really did look the same. You really had to look closely. So now it’s to the garden center for new ones.

Here is the last batch left….I kept him away from these…just one lonely little bunch left (this picture is from last year)
….sorry little bunch huh?
coneflowers

qfdivider

My granddaughter Emily sent me some pictures she took on
Easter Saturday of me and little Aidan…he’s just such a
sweetheart and sooooo good.
He’ll be 2 June 20th….growing so fast.
Gram and Aidan Easter 20010
Aidan 2
Aidan 1 
That’s all I have for you today – maybe next week I’ll have some Spring decorating to show you – until then enjoy life and each other.
Karen
qfdivider

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...