Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 20, 2012

A Californian Beach House


I stumbled upon this gorgeous Californian cottage, over at House Beautiful....


Isn't it glorious?!!!


I am particularly in love with the kitchen, with it's vintage stove and it's breakfast bar blackboard! 


Look at the fridge! Custom made to look like an old icebox!


A beautiful trestle table with rustic captain's chairs, wicker baskets, timber floors bathed in sunlight.... just perfection. Those fabulous lights are made out of old buoys, cut in half.


A vintage pull-down map hides the TV... very clever.


Check out the bunk room!!!....


... and associated bathroom!... with lockers for guests! 
I love the striped walls... alternating bands of flat and semigloss paint. 
Now there's an idea!



Saved the best for last... the outdoor dining area. 
The marble bench-top extends from inside the kitchen to outside. 
Could it get any better? Sigh!

You can see more of this gorgeous cottage HERE. 

Happy Saturday afternoon! 
I'm off to a little bloggy afternoon tea... apparently it's my New York send off....
.. even though I am not leaving until next weekend.

I'll instagram the goodies!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...