Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

More Beauties and The Hampton Designer Showhouse


Ok, just one more day of it and then we'll talk about something else....... until I get there...... and then we'll talk about it all again. Jules expressed concern that the kitchen was a little basic in yesterday's rental, so I went looking for something a little more upmarket.... if that's possible!


This one's in Water Mill.


Just to get your bearings. 
I'll be staying in Southampton Village.


That was only the rear elevation, above.... this is the front. 
Sigh.


Kitchen not as basic, Jules?

This one's in Sagaponack, overlooking the pond.


I am particularly drawn to it's formal lounge room. 
I'm a big fan of the old fireplace, flanked by double hungs and window seats. 
That panelling!... or as they call it up there, 'those moldings/mouldings'!!!

Ceiling.... deep breaths.


Love the shower!

These are all rentals, around the $200K/month mark. Who does that? 

Ok... and I just happen to be in town at just the right time... for....
'The Hampton Designer Showhouse', in Water Mill.... presented by Traditional Home.

Beyond exciting.


This is it.

The Hampton Designer Showhouse, now in it's twelfth year, is a showcase for America's premiere design talent. Approximately 25 top interior designers and decorative artists have turned a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. The list of participating designers is HERE.

I will be walking over broken glass to get there.... or riding a bike. I'm too scared to hire a car... and drive on the wrong side of the road... in New York traffic. Uh, uh... I'm brave... but not that brave. 

Happy Wednesday! How hard is it to get out of bed now that the school holidays have ended? I never thought I'd hear myself saying that! Who am I? I have learnt to sleep in! .... inspired by my teenage son!

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...