Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 27, 2012

Quick, Have I Forgotten Anything?


I've been awake since 2am #insomnia #devilswork Ref: Faux Fuchsia, 2010 At 2am it was 9am in LA and 12pm in New York. Maybe my body is responding to my fear of impending jetlag and it's getting me adjusted now? If I only I had the sun to stare in to at 2am. Anyway, I am awake for the Olympics Opening Ceremony so that's a gift with purchase with the insomnia.

Can you believe I am still going to be working today? I thought I'd shut up shop yesterday but I had some pleading emails from customers, "please, please one more before you go". I stood firm and said no, when the first two came in, and then I caved at the third. I'd mentally left work but I suppose I am opening the shop for a few hours this morning. #dedicated

Ok, so these are my belongings for the next few weeks. Everything fits into a carry-on sized bag which I have placed into a larger suitcase, that will all be checked in luggage. My little one said last night, when he was marvelling at my packing prowess, "is that big suitcase for all our presents?". Where'd he hear that? Who said anything about presents?


And just so you believe me.... there are 5 frocks under the top stuff, not including the one I am wearing on the plane with a light jacket. There's also one pair of slacks, 2 tops, 2 little scarves, a running outfit, jammies, underwear, a spare pair of shoes and a little bag of miscellaneous stuff.. medicine, some accessories etc, hairdryer.... and a tiny little flat leather day backpack lying at the bottom of it all!


I am taking all my toiletries on the plane with me, as they fit into the 20 x 20 <100ml allowance.... and then the rest in my carry-on is:

*a money neck thingy - I don't do the belt thing, too hard with frocks
*inflatable travel pillow
*passport
*cash
*VISA Cash Passport
*Visa credit card
*travel insurance policy number and helpline
*iPad
*iPhone
*portable iPhone battery
*phone to iPad adapter
*phone/iPad charger/cord
*socket converter
*TSA padlock - in a bright colour so I can recognise my bag
*earphones
*hand-wipes and tissues
*book
*spare glasses
*'origami good luck charm thingy', made with love by my little one last night

I am just going to take my little carry on bag with me on the bus to the Hamptons on Tuesday and leave the big suitcases at the hotel back in NYC. I am only up there for 3 days so I won't need much at all.

I'm doing the iPhone photo thing, like I did with Paris.... no big chunky cameras to carry. I might throw in my 'building site' handbag camera for insurance... if I can find it? I can't download the photos from it to my iPad (it's an old number) so it would be an emergency camera only if I lost my iPhone. 

That's it. Done. I'm ready... apart from work.... I just have to do the ironing today and clean the toilets and I'm ready to get on that plane guilt free tomorrow. I'll be switching over to my travel sim on my phone tonight. I spent all day yesterday getting it working... not for the faint hearted... and I am only using it for instagram when I am not around free Wi-Fi. Emails, 'attempted blogging' and skype phonecalls to the boys will be done via the free hotel Wi-Fi. 

What a big week. I'm looking forward to a good rest on the plane. I'll be leaving early tomorrow morning so I will say farewell now and catch you on the other side (of the world)!

Miss you already,

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...