Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, July 14, 2012

The Revenge House


I'm back from Melbourne and my thoughts are now turning to my trip to NYC and The Hamptons in two weeks time. I have been browsing through some of my Hampton's Homes books, googling my favourites to see if I will actually be able to see them or whether I will have to climb through hedges and dodge security systems to get even a glimpse of them.

I won't be seeing this beauty though! This is the beautiful home created for the TV series, 'Revenge'. 

The whole exterior of this place was created by CGI (computer generated imagery), modelled on actual estates in The Hamptons.  The interior shots were originally filmed in a home outside of Wilmington, North Carolina and then accurately recreated in sets back in LA.




The original home, on which the interiors were based, was featured in 'Wrightsville Beach Magazine'. I have taken a few snapshots of the original interiors below, for your leisurely Sunday viewing pleasure!






Those black and white transoms, and windows, get me every time.








These last two are of the guest wing in the original home.
Isn't it just glorious?!

You can read the full article HERE.

Happy Sunday!

Photobucket


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...