Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

iPad School For The Gifted






I'm sitting in bed this morning trying to learn how to blog from my new iPad, so I will be all schooled up on how to do it by the time I hit the free Wi Fi spots in New York!

I'm travelling seriously light so I won't have a fancy keyboard or anything that would make blogging whilst travelling easy....like a Wordpress blog! Ha! Will be actioning that when I get back, thanks to Katrina, 'blog designer and mover overer to Wordpress guru'! (New iPad blogger question 1 - how do I link back to Katrina's blog in this sentence?).

Ok, so I have Blogpress. Is that all I can use with a rattly old blogger blog? I checked the large photo setting but it comes out in a smaller size? I like my images to be big. Hmmm, anyone, what's the chop? (New iPad blogger question 2 - how do I centre a small font size link to the original photo source under my photo?)

The image is courtesy of houzz.com, by the way, and my new iPad screenshot skills. Nice kitchen. I love the lights. I digress.

Ok, so I am a total beginner again. I apologise in advance for my impending blog posts from this device in NYC, but at least there will be some! There was no way I was going to risk losing my whole work life, taking my beloved laptop. So there you have it. 'A-M's New York via iPad'. Bit excited that this one can take photos. There'll be no stopping me now..except for time constraints. I won't tell you how long it has taken me to get this far. The sun has risen .....and I started in the dark, dark. I'll get there! I always rise to a challenge!

Speaking of challenges, I set myself one yesterday and thanks to my wonderful readers I cleared all my Xxxx Xxxxxx stock out below cost within 24 hours! I needed to get it purged ASAP as I wasn't going to spend my last few days with my boys, before I head to NYC, fretting about moving stock, with only a 3 day time window of it being allowed to remain on my site (my only method by which to sell it...besides email.....and letterbox pamphlet drop!) Would have been much easier to not have purchased it in the first place, as it cost me dollars and time sending it out (still have a full day of packaging it all up today...sigh!...character building). I noticed on twitter other online stockists frantically promoting their clear outs of their branded stock too. I was not alone. I retweeted their sale tweets. We're all in this together. I mean you helped me!

So thank you, for buying all my stuff. I was sitting in the travel agents yesterday, extending my insurance (as I have extended my trip a bit!) and we were giggling over how fast the orders were coming in via my phone. If only business was that fast normally! ... I'd be building that next house yesterday!

Ok, I am going to hit publish and then run downstairs to see how everything looks here on the laptop! Fingers crossed! Viva New York iPad blogging!

A-M xx

Posted using BlogPress from A-M's iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...