Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Chicken with Pesto Mushroom Cream Sauce

I need to keep dinner simple right now because of my big work conference next week so I was browsing Cassie's blog looking for inspiration. Cassie and I are very similar in our cooking styles and I knew she wouldn't steer me wrong. I did a search for mushrooms, since I had some in the fridge from last week, and came across this gem - Chicken with Pesto Mushroom Cream Sauce.


I modified it slightly, cutting up the chicken to make it easier and faster to cook, but that's the only change I made...well, besides doubling the sauce so I could serve it over spaghetti. SP loved it and he isn't a big pesto fan. Thanks Cassie. I knew I could count on you.

Chicken with Pesto Mushroom Cream Sauce
Very slightly modified from Cassie Craves

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream (or half & half)
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup prepared basil pesto
4 tablespoons lemon juice
Pasta of your choice

Cook pasta according to package directions.

Cut chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just smoking. Cooking chicken until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.

Add 2 tablespoons butter to skillet and cook mushrooms until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream, broth and chicken to skillet, scraping up any browned bits, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes.

Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet and toss with the sauce. Off heat, stir in pesto and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...