Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Jalapeno Popper Chicken

Someone on my cooking board recently asked for ideas for jalapenos and one of the recommendations was this recipe for Jalapeno Popper Chicken. I love jalapeno poppers so I thought I'd give it a try.


Unfortunately this was just too spicy for me. I was hoping for a mild heat, but I guess I left too many ribs and seeds in the jalapenos because this was downright spicy. SP liked it, but wished I had sauteed the jalapenos before combining them with the cheese. I have to agree. This has definite potential but needs some tweaking. I've added my recommendations to the recipe below.



Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Adapted from The Tiny Tyrant's Kitchen

4 chicken breasts
4oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup shredded cheese (any flavor)
1 tablespoon oil
4 jalapenos, chopped (ribs and seeds removed)
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup bread crumbs
1 cup Panko
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Heat oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add jalapenos and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, and jalapeno peppers. Use a knife to make a pocket in each chicken breast. Stuff mixture into pocket. Use a toothpick to secure if necessary. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Mix together bread crumbs, Panko and taco seasoning on a plate. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl. Dip chicken into bread crumb mixture then egg and again into bread crumbs.

Place in baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove toothpicks and serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...