Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, June 6, 2011

gotta love free accessories.....

I do love driftwood in the home. Actually, I love natural elements overall and I think it's great when people incorporate it into their home. I was in West Elm two weeks ago and I noticed they had driftwood for sale. I think West Elm has pretty great prices, so I was surprised to see what this branch below was going for. Take a guess? (I took this with my iphone and I think it's time to upgrade to the 4G because my camera is no good.) Ok, let's see how close you are....... FIFTY DOLLARS! For a branch. WOW! The one below was also $50. But, I guess if people don't live near water and want a piece of driftwood, they will pay. And boy will they PAY.


My friend Lauren got married this past weekend, so for the bachlorette party, a bunch of us girls went to her now husband's family cottage on the river. Amazing time with amazing girls. While the girls were laying out, I walked the beach and grabbed some pieces of driftwood for my home. There were also some fun antique stores on the way to the cottage, and I snagged this old beverage crate which will now be used as a serving tray. Here is the "tray" and one of my pieces of driftwood. FREE. That's the way I like it. :) My other piece of wood now sitting on my console table.....





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...