Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Zucchini Coming Out Of Our Ears!

Wow! Thank you so much for your kind, kind comments about our New Bathroom! I appreciate each and every one of them!!

It's that time of the week to share you yummy goodies over at AND BABY MAKES FIVE!

We have been blessed with a lot of zucchini from our garden so I've been experimenting some recipes. A found a couple keepers from the Internet and though I would share. They are both super YUMMY! I hope you can try them yourselves!


 Spaghetti with Zucchini and Parmesan

INGREDIENTS:
1 box Barilla Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti
4 each small zucchini, diced
to taste sea salt
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
2 cups cherry tomato
4 leaves fresh basil, cut into strips
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

DIRECTIONS:
BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
SEASON zucchini with sea salt.
COOK Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti according to package directions.
Meanwhile, HEAT olive oil in medium skillet, add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
ADD zucchini to the skillet and sauté for 2 minutes.
ADD cherry tomatoes and sauté until skins are slightly blistered and the tomatoes are heated through, about 2 minutes.
DRAIN pasta, add to skillet and toss with basil and cheese.




Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions
In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.

I wanted to share another blast from the past makeover I have done. I bought this BRIGHT Yellow shelf at an auction for $1. Poor thing...no one was bidding on it so I raised my little hand and it was sold! It needed a little TLC but it was worth my $1 investment. :)


I added leftover beadboard to the back from our Kitchen Reno. I first painted it red then painted it black purposely leaving some red showing through. I then added some dark walnut stain. It made a wonder cubby for our mudroom area! (Ignore floor...another project, another day. :) The baskets were 1/2 off from Michaels.


Well I'm off to work tonight. I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...