Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, July 5, 2010

Makeover Fun

I'll be sharing some past and new makeovers from time to time here. There nothing I like more than a good bargain! That's why I can't get enough of garage sale season! Woo! Last year, my friend Judy, gave me some old wood to work with (in return, I gave her one of my handmade birdhouses). Boy, did I have fun with this pile of wood!



I had some clearance Christmas ornaments (50 cents) lying around in my craft supplies and a summer project idea came to mind!




I painted an easy flag design on the boards....separated the ornament star to make 2 stars, painted them white...added dark walnut stain to the stars and boards and sealed. I purposely kept the the edges uneven. I like things that look distressed and NOT perfect! My hubby went ahead and screwed the boards on the outside of our shed. And I smile because the cost was next to nothing!




This summer, I found this chair at a garage sale for $1! Yeah! Pretty huh?






I painted it Ivory, sanded it down and then added dark walnut stain. It was headed outside so I sprayed some sealer on it. Added a simple $1 garage sale wreath and it looks great!



The chair is still shuffling around the yard...but as of now it's home is by the Ole' flag.



Thanks so much for Visiting!

Visit thecsiproject.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...