Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 30, 2010

FAKE OUT

Slowly over the years, Mr. Sweet Pea and I have put our stamp on this 70's ranch~style place we call home. With him being in the carpentry biz sometimes we have lucked out and gotten materials for very little and a few times for nothing.

The room that I now use as my studio got some fabulous wide crown molding from a job that had leftover's. With the crown molding at 6 inches we couldn't very well install wimpy baseboards. So I came up with a way to fake the look of fabulous wide baseboards using regular 3 and 1/2" base with shoe mold on the bottom and a quarter round trim placed 4 and 1/2" above. Then I painted the molding and the wall in between white and voila, big fat baseboards!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...