Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 30, 2010

Gone Thriftin'


The boys and I hit some garage sales this morning. We had the best time! I passed up some treasures but did manage to bring home a few like...toys, a coffee maker (ours broke), books, a purse, twin sheets, a mirror, a new carpet spot cleaner machine, clothes and more for dirt cheap!

I also got a few pretties for our home. :)



I'm sorry but I cannot get enough of cute baskets! Especially cheap ones! 50 cents! Woo!



This basket was $1! The fabric was 10 cents each!


The bottles I actually got yesterday at a garage sale for $1 each. A little more than I would of normally spent but I liked the combo of these 3. :) I think they will go in our master bathroom when that is made over soon. I love their color.


As for now I'm just enjoying this display in my dining room. :)


Probably the deal of the garage sales was this big Ironstone pitcher for $1!


It has a big crack in it but it's still pretty.


Look at the wonderful detail. Don't you love thrift finds?! I enjoy this so much more than going to a store or mall and paying outrageous prices! Plus it's the thrill of the find when you find that special treasure among all the junk. :)


Do you have a local salvage yard in your area?! If you do, you should check it out! We have EcoStores Nebraska right in Lincoln. This place is filled with every part of a house you can think of to be resold. Instead of going to a landfill these things can be prettied up and put in your own home.

I scored some excellent old molding (needs cleaning) with chippy white paint for 30 cents and old coat hangers for 10 cents each there! This will be a wonderful towel hanger our master bathroom! Not bad for 60 cents!


I also bought some knobs and drawer pulls to add to the vanity and cabinet in there as well. There we 25 and 50 cents each. They'll just need spray paint. Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't go there for stuff for our recent bathroom remodel. I go there when I have no kids with me. Not a fun place to have little ones with you. LOL And yesterday afternoon I was kidless (Thank you Aunt Lisa!). If you live in the Lincoln area, EcoStores Nebraska is having a wonderful sale in August, so check it out! I have a few things I would like...so don't buy the stuff I want. LOL

Well today is time again to share you yummy summertime recipes over at And Baby Makes Five! Colleen is my bud and I know she would love for you to join in on the sweet fun!



I'm sharing another zucchini favorite!! I made this last week and yes I admit I ate most of it! LOL I hope you enjoy this easy, yummy recipe!


Blueberry Zucchini Bread

Ingredients
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup vegetable oil
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups white sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 pint fresh blueberries

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 4 mini-loaf pans.

In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini. Beat in the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon. Gently fold in the blueberries. Transfer to the prepared mini-loaf pans.

Bake 50 minutes (1 hour, 20 minutes for big loaf) in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool 20 minutes in pans, then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.

This recipe made 2 big loaves! And yes, I almost ate 2 loaves of bread! LOL A warm slice with butter is heavenly...oh, I'm drooling just thinking about it.

Have a super weekend. I hope to back soon with some completed projects to share!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...