Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Projects and Good Book!

We've been busy with projects galore at our house. Our several month bathroom project is finally getting it's final touches. This has been quite the project and my hubby has done most of the work. He works on the bathroom after putting long days at work...I know he's tired. The boys and I appreciate him with all his hard work and just being a great guy!

Right now I'm painting the trim and also touch ups. I got a wonderful book on cd from the library to help pass the time. My good friend, Julie, told me about this book, "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett. I put my name on the waiting list at the library...I was 11th! This book is FAB!!

Click HERE for reviews.



I wanted to share a past project I made for my hubby for Father's Day. I got the idea from HERE. I customized it more for hubby and his work desk (he works in manufacturing)...I didn't think he would like pretty paper and ribbon. LOL So I made this block set with neutral colors. Drilled 3 holes and added wire and black paper clips. I wanted to use what I had at home. Then I printed off 3 wallet size family pics for hubby to enjoy while at work. He can easily change them out with new ones.

I need to make one for our house now. :)


Some past makeovers to share...I got this candle holder at Goodwill a LONG time ago for around $3. It's really long and before it looked like it was from 1980. I redid this awhile back but all I did was paint black, distress and add dark walnut stain. It's been sitting in a closet for some time and I just added it to our living room and I love the look.


Another favorite makeover is this bird box I got at a flea market for $1.


I removed the bird labels, painted it "taupe", distressed and stained dark walnut. It's a fun piece to change up with the seasons.


Have you got any good thrifty bargains lately? Have a super day!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...