Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 9, 2010

Shabby Chic Makeover and Cookies!

It's Friday! The week flew by and now it's time to get ready for hopefully a productive weekend. My parents are taking my oldest son for a weekend outing.

I did manage to finish up a small project makeover. I actually made this mirror a few years ago. I like it but the star had to go. I first painted it all white.


I found some cute "french country" scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby. I just attached it to the wood with 1/2 water, 1/2 school glue mixture since I'm out of modge podge. This works great and is cheaper! I didn't worry about measuring the paper correctly because the edges are going to be sanded off anyways.


Edges sanded. I even sanded some of paper on the front side to look more worn.


I added some light stain to the edges and very lightly to the paper for more "age". Paper soaks up stain very quick so I applied the stain very, very lightly.

Now I like it flipped over with the mirror on top! And it's going to look great in my new bathroom.




Friday also means it's time for a Recipe Swap over at my friend, Colleen's blog. Got a great recipe to share?

I have a super easy recipe to share. The special ingredient is cake mix of your choice!


Cake Mix Cookies
1 box of cake mix
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
2-3 tablespoons water
1 tsp vanilla


Preheat oven 350 degrees. Mix ingredients together. Put small balls of mixture on cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Enjoy! My son makes these by himself while I supervise the oven.  

Well tonight is date night with hubby! We're eating Chinese...not my favorite. But for a trade off he's going to Eclipse movie with me. LOL Love that guy!


Have a great weekend!




 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...