Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, July 30, 2010

New item and another Pineapple

Well this week flew by and I don’t really know what I accomplished.

Seems I was busy the entire time but not much to show for it that was on the fun side that is.

My aunt is back in the hospital so we went to Janesville to see her a couple times and I also finished up some orders and today the one customer sent me a picture of it on her table. And she really loved it too – I was so nervous sewing a design without a pattern but it turned out quite cute.
She wanted a barn, cow and some sunflowers and this is what I came up with.
Barn mat 1
Barn close-up
 Barn closeup 1

And here it is on her table. I think it looks larger on my chair for some reason. But I love the cute little Milk bottle crate with votive candles in them that she set on it – that’s why I did the design on the bottom and left her room to angle her milk crate.
2010-07-30_13.51.35

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last week when we came back from our cousins reunion we stopped at the Crafter’s Mall at the Wisconsin Dells and I found this stuffed Pineapple – it doesn’t look very big but it’s a whopping 15 inches tall including leaves and I see I need to fix the leaves. 
It was handmade by The Spinning Wheel.
Large stuffed Pineapple

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Here’s the group from our reunion last week…unfortunately 3 of the cousin couples couldn’t make it so our group was small….but a good time was had with lots of chatting and wonderful food.
Phyllis and Ken hosted it and we had Pulled Pork, Potato Salad, Baked Beans, Broccoli/Cauliflower Salad and lots of extras plus wonderful desserts.
Cousins group

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I’m just killing some time here before we head on into Milwaukee to pick up our friend who is flying in from St. Kitts via Raleigh, NC – that was his first stop today before heading up here on another flight….and they didn’t get his luggage on his flight!
Soooo the airline is going to Fed-X it up to our house.
We’re keeping our fingers crossed that it reaches here Saturday sometime before he has to get ready to leave for the class reunion – if not he’s going to have to wear something of Doug’s.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Only10 more days and we head out for Lancaster, Pa and I get to meet Lori from http://loritheblackcrow.blogspot.com/
Lori  
I’m driving to Lori’s place on Wednesday the 11th to her town of Littlestown, PA and she has the day completely planned for us from shopping to eating and hopefully getting a tour of her wonderful farmhouse.
My husband decided to stay back in Lancaster and golf with his cousin so it’s just me Lori!!!!

Here are a couple photos of her house in the snow….I’ve seen photos of the inside but I can’t wait to see it for real.
Loris House 1
Loris House 2
And if you want to see more of Lori’s house go to her Picturetrail:  http://www.picturetrail.com/theblackcrow

I think this is enough for today – I’ll check in on my blog friends now.
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...