Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wonderful Dinner

We had our ‘late’ Father’s Day dinner with my Stepfather and his wife last night and had such a nice time….I know I probably mentioned this before but my mother re-married 5 weeks before me and lived just 5 years after she married…she passed away from Lymphoma Cancer at age 49 but left a very wonderful man to carry on her memory with us – even though he re-married a few years later the both of them still make sure we are part of the family and we do the same for them…
and this has been going on for 42 years!

Boots is 88 and Virginia is 87 and both doing quite well I might say – nothing keeps them down and they go, go, go!

We went to one of our favorite places on the lake called the Buckhorn and as usual had a great meal. This place has been there for 50+ years and I say this seriously – the food has never changed as well as the service and that can’t be said for most businesses, especially a restaurant. The menu is still the same as when we first started going there and their motto is ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it’….and that is sooo true.

6 of us

6 of us at table

6 of us at table 1

flagforsite flagforsite flagforsite flagforsite flagforsite

Now….quite awhile back I posted about a really
sweet, fun blog called Primfills
http://primfills.blogspot.com/ 

Jobeth is just the sweetest Southern gal I know and her posts are adorable and so endearing – please go on over there and visit her…she’s trying so hard to get into the blog world and is also starting up a new website (to open July 4th) and here’s the link: 
http://www.primfills.com/  Even though it’s not open yet you can still go check out and maybe bookmark it for next week!
Primfills

Guess this is a short post today – not much happening in my neck of the woods so it’s a good day to do nothing but read.
Tomorrow I’m heading on up to Madison to the
Market Square Cash & Carry Show
in hopes of seeing some new and exciting products
for the upcoming holidays – if I find anything special
I will post it next week.

Until then, see ya!  Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...