Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Girls Lunch

I used to work with a group of the greatest girls/ladies ever!
When I retired in 2000 some of them were still working…
well all of them actually but we still kept in touch
and not long after we started having a lunch get together at a restaurant every 6-8 weeks or so just to keep in touch
and it has been wonderful and going strong since.

Working with each other like we did for more than 25 years you become like family and there’s so much to talk about – grandchildren graduating from high school, first grandbabies, trips and just plain ‘getting old’ talk!

So today the lunch was at my house.
And it was Pot Luck….I made a Chicken Salad and the beverages and they brought the rest…lots of great food!

Here are a few photos of the table and then what I could get
of the girls – we were all so busy chatting and then eating
I totally forgot to take more pictures.
I figured as long as Monday was Flag Day and the 4th
is fast approaching I’d go with the Red, White and Blue theme and girl’s…I USED ALL PLASTIC!
That probably isn’t proper for a sit down dinner
but…hey, it was fun!
Lunch 1
Lunch 5 
Lunch 7 Girls 3
Girls 2
Girls at table 1
Girls at table 2
Girls at table 3 

My kitty, Baby, decided to lounge under the table in
the family room….guess she wanted to stay out of their way
Baby lounging

And Lola laid on our bed in the only spot of sun she could find.
Lola Sleeping

And it was a hot humid day too – got up to 81
so we never came out into the screen room to visit,
but stayed in the house which was fine with me.

Oh, guess what happened about an hour and a half before
they were to arrive….the power went out!!!!

I was preparing some food when there was a huge bang and it even rattled the house and Baby jumped and ran, and Doug was mowing and he even heard it over the mower – so we went and looked around but didn’t see anything,
then came in the house and realized the power was out - Yep, right in the middle of things I had to change course
and rethink what I needed to do.

So Doug called WE Energy and they came out and it was one of our tree limbs that caused it – it was laying on a wire and burned … you could see it smoldering!!
So we put 36 homes out of commission for about an hour.
Got our tree trimmed for FREE though!!!

When we were outside some little girl’s walked by from being down at the public pool (that unfortunately had to be closed down as well because of the outage) and said they
thought there were fireworks going off because they
could see the sparks above the trees.

flagforsite flagforsite flagforsite

A customer ordered one of my
Flag pocket Red Ticking Towels
and sent me a picture of where she put it in her home…
doesn’t it look great in her setting?

Thanks so much Sue for sharing the picture with us.
Oh I just noticed the zinc/tin insert in the dry sink….cool!

Sues Display

For Sunday, we’re invited to our son Darren’s house for Father’s Day and Aidan’s 2nd birthday – I’ll be going alone because Doug has to leave tomorrow on a trip to
California so I get to enjoy the day for him with the kids.

So what are you all doing for Father’s Day?

Have a great rest of the week – Karen

flagforsite flagforsite flagforsite

P.S. I need some Needlepunch kits!!

Anyone got any suggestions where I can get any
….I want ones that are complete with DMC
and if not…then just any kind of Needlepunch
I’ve done a search and found some sites
but thought I’d ask if you have any suggestions.

flagforsite flagforsite flagforsite

And….does anyone know where I can find one of these?
It’s a Gripper Frame and I saw them on e-bay but they’re very
expensive…I want one cheaper

Gripper Frame

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...