Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Psalms of David

I had the fortunate opportunity of spending some time with an old friend on our trip.  She and I go all the way back to the second grade.  When we see each other, it's just a matter of picking up where we left off, as if time hadn't passed at all.  She's like the sister I never had.  While in her (absolutely charming) home visiting, she gave me the most beautiful book that I wanted to share with you all today.  It's presently sitting on our coffee table.















It's called the Psalms of David.  The story behind it is as sweet as the book itself.  It was written and illustrated by an Englishman born in India in 1859. 
















James Freemantle married a woman named Clara in 1906. Around the time they were married, he began work on this book as a gift for her.
















Almost every page is filled with beautiful illustrations and calligraphy.
















It took him 30 years to finish the book.  Talk about dedication. He died the year he finished it.
















I love flipping through it and thinking of the love he must have had for his wife to take such effort. 
















This book would make an excellent gift.  It was for me. 
















Thanks friend. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...