Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DO COME IN...

I bet you thought the day would never come... Finally the reveal of the interior of the GARDEN COTTAGE. Let me give you a brief history of how the GARDEN COTTAGE came to be...

I had saved pieces and parts over the years of being in the antiques biz. You know porch posts here, a zinc dormer there, pieces of tin ceiling tile, architectural fabulosities. A lot of them were used as decor in my shop which I closed in 2008, and I saved all of them without any real plan. Until... I got the inspiration for a GARDEN COTTAGE that I could have home sales in. So I used the COTTAGE as a mini shop and sometimes just as storage. What a waste... After last fall I had decided to end the home sales and thought that it was too darn awesome to use as storage. So I set my sites on bringing it to be as a little place that I can sit in and enjoy just for me. The ceiling is all hand~pieced rusty crusty tin ceiling tiles, and the floor is hand~painted by moi to look like stone.

I hope you love it...










































































0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...