Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, June 7, 2010

TIN CANDLE MOLDS

I though when we left home yesterday morning for the flea market that it would be like every other time – lots of nothing …. well, I wasn’t disappointed on that thought because there was 99% junk, but I did find a couple items that I just couldn’t pass up and neither would you of that I’m sure.

The very first space we went to had this adorable
Tin Chick Candy Mold
and I’m really not sure if it’s old or not because there
are no markings on it but I’ve seen reproductions and
the rings that hold them together aren’t as old looking
as these are so I’m going to say ‘it’s kind of old’
I paid $2.00 for it and even if it’s new
it’s still a bargain at that price
Chick Candy Mold

Then if that wasn’t enough the booth a few spaces down had these awesome
Tin Candle Molds
I got both for $10.00.
Now I know that was a bargain because I purchased one 20 years ago like the 4 candle one and I paid $18.00 then….
Irvin’s Country Tinware is selling the 6 candle mold for $43.50 and the 4 candle is selling for $32.50
So Yippppeeee I got a good deal there!
And it just so happens I collect Tin Candle Holders & Molds
Candle Molds
What do you think???? Good deal???? Yep, I thought so! lol

Then on the way out there was some wonderful looking fresh produce (shipped in of course but still great)
We bought 2 lemons (huge) for .40 each
and 2 Cucumbers for $1.00

And….for $1.00 we got these 4 plastic basket (really good size too) and a Thermal Caraf for my aunt (she’s been wanting another one – hope she doesn’t mind a used one because there just aren’t any out there to be had these days).
I like using things like these baskets for snack when we have guests….baskets are wonderful and I use them too, but I like that these can be washed as well.
Caraf and Baskets
So it was a good 1-1/2 hours well spent and the temps were perfect (except for the wind – whew it blew and blew things over)

Then we stopped at Northwind Perennial Farm again…this time the resident kitties were there….omgosh they are adorable so I just had to share with you – I couldn’t stop looking at them….Enjoy!
Perennial Farm Kitties 
Perennial Farm Kitties 1
Perennial Farm Kitties 2 

Today my husband thoroughly cleaned our screen room and
we are now officially ready for Spring/Summer…..
and boy does that room get nasty over the winter.

Lots of webbies and crawlies tucked in the corners.
But now it shines and smells so good and the sun is out and he’s out like a light on the sofa taking in the breezes coming in

And such a good guy he is - he washes the floor on his hands and knees…no mop – it leaves streaks on the porcelain tiles so hands and knees is the only way. And the screens get washed inside and out along with everything else.

Guess he deserves the snooze.
While he was doing that I did the house – washed floors, windows and all the other things that go along with cleaning

I’m sitting out here too, enjoying listening to the sounds of Spring….tons of birds, lawn mowers, airplanes (we live by our little airport) and kids….oh it’s wonderful!

I want to thank all my new followers
and my regulars…it just keeps growing….without all of you
I would stop this blog today but you keep me going so Thank You so much…you make is to worth it with your nice, fun and cheerful comments.

Also, if you haven’t gone over to my
Popular Selling Blog site yet do so…
we are at 52 wonderful Selling Blogs…
Isn’t that great?
These girls work very hard making their hand made products and I hope this site helps promote their products
http://popularsellingblogs.blogspot.com/

So now I have to say goodbye and start my sewing
so I can mail out my orders

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...