Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, June 28, 2010

August Fields

When I first started this home décor blog, it was with the intention of documenting the constructing of our new home.  We had grand plans of moving to a village type community and building a historic-inspired home.  I just knew if I was ever going to start a design blog, this would be the time to do it! 

Well, things have changed for us due to the economy and bad housing market, so we are staying put for now.  But Sara over at August Fields has done just what we intended…  They recently put the finishing touches on building a dream home, and documented the process of how they went about it. 

Well, they just  moved in, and their kitchen is jaw dropping:

sarakitchen10

sarakitchen3sarakitchen2

Check out the painted brick walls and wood beams!

sarakitchen1

If I ever went as far as to covet a fridge, this would be the one:

sarakitchen6

You have to see what’s going on in their boy’s room:

IMG_0178

This is something I’ve always longed to do…. fill a room with built-in bunks.  Leave it to Sara to actually implement it.  So fun!  Can’t wait to see it all finished.

Remember a few days ago I posted about our drinking glass system?  Well, Sara has come up with the ultimate solution… a water fountain in the house!  Absolutely brilliant.

sarakitchen5

And I love the framed art above. 

One of my favorite features of her home is their homeschool room.  And it’s not even finished yet in these pictures!  I already know I’m going to love it.  They wrote a lovely verse on the door frame of the room, and I can’t think of a better verse to to have chosen:

sarakitchen8

And look at the cool, funky flooring they chose for the room:

sarakitchen9

And from their lovely kitchen is a peek-a-boo window. 

sarakitchen11

Check out Sara’s blog for the scoop to come on the rest of their now-completed house.  I know I’ll be storing every bit in my inspiration files. 

Thanks Sara for a peek into your home!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...