Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 17, 2011

Vacation Day

My handy husband travels four to five weeks out of the year.  And for some odd reason whenever he goes away I get these insane urges that require LOTS of muscle power. 

One time the kids and I took the entire week to completely gut the garage.  If you could have seen our garage, you would know why I would call the process “gutting” and  not “cleaning”.  With all of the projects we do around here, the garage becomes The Dump.

So this last time he went away, I had a sudden urge to play bedroom switcheroo.  Yep, three bedrooms were calling my name. I could have waited a couple days for the main muscle man to return home to help.  But instead I got the bright idea of enlisting my children. 

I gave them the option of doing  their normal homeschool or helping Mom with her crazy plans for the day.  Much to my delight (but not surprise), they chose switching the bedrooms around.  It was a unanimous chorus of enthusiastic optimism.  The perfect way to start the day.

Down and up, up and down went dressers, lamps, clothes, shoes, chairs, mattresses, bedframes half unassembled (because we couldn’t figure out how to get the screws out of the other half).   One flight of stairs to the other, back and forth, until it was finished.  At around 9:00 that evening. 

At the end of the day, I asked the children if it was worth the day off school.  If they could go back to that morning and weigh their options, what would they choose? 

“School.”  :)

girls1

Here’s a little peek into the fruit of our hard labor.  More to come!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...