Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, January 31, 2011

$8 Chippendale Chairs

I must say it has been a very long time that I have been wanting these chairs by Jonathan Adler. They are absolutely GORGEOUS! I love the bamboo look. So, first I saw them on Jonathan Adler's website for a mere $550 per chair. Then I saw them at Ballard Designs here for $200 per chair which is alot less, but still that's alot. sigh.

I popped into the Salvation Army the other day and saw these dirty, old, ugly chairs. But, they are solid wood chairs with the most beautiful design. I purchased them for $8 per chair. Yeah, they were kinda gross, but nothing a little cleaning and some spray paint couldn't fix!

I wasn't sure which fabric I should choose. These are just more occasional seating chairs, so I needed a fabric that went well with my living room......mostly whites, chocolates, and blues. So, right after I bought the chairs, I found a Dwell Studio table cloth on clearance at Target for only $12. It was a large table cloth and enough fabric to cover 5 chairs! Here is the finished product!



Check out the detail of these chairs and then compare them to the ones at ballard. They are quite similar. Mine definitely aren't as cute, but for only 8 bucks, I am happy with the results!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...