Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

New Light Fixture

Remember the $3 basket from Goodwill I got last week?
It seemed to be everyone's favorite after reading your comments. :)
I did a mini project with it over the weekend.


I saw this Mini Pendant Light Kit at Menards on sale for $10 and knew exactly how to use my "new" basket.

This kit comes without a shade, you buy them separate.


My lovely hubby wired her up for me. It comes with a LONG cord so you can hang it low or really short like I did. This new light was going over my kitchen sink. Before I had a plain canned light.

The light kit comes in different finishes, I chose oil rubbed bronze. Are you surprised?

The white portion of the fixture would normally be hiding with a shade, but this area would be exposed on how I was going to have it displayed. So I took some of my Krylon oil rubbed bronze spray paint and sprayed it. Worked like a charm!


The opening at the bottom of the basket was perfect size for a light bulb. So I didn't have to do any adjustments to the basket. And I love my new light fixture.


It brings in so much more light into the space. Plus it adds a little whimsey. :)


You can do this too! Just find a light weight wire basket...if it's not the desired color just use a little spray paint of your favorite color. A wicker basket would even be cute.

I hope I inspired you to think the unexpected on your next thrift shop trip!


Show and Tell Green















Today's Top 20


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...