Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

PINCH ME...SURPRISE NUMBER TWO

It's been difficult to keep this one to myself. I did confide in a couple of very close friends that I knew could keep a secret...

It all started one morning last summer. A very average morning. I got out of bed, turned on my computer, made some tea and sat down to check my email. Same as every morning. This one was different...

There it was. An email from FIFI O'NEILL.

I stared at it.

Really?

She had seen the post I had done about my garden cottage that my sweet friend CAROL from RAISED IN COTTON had contacted her about. She wanted pics of my house for a potential magazine feature.

Really?

Fast forward to a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. She was sending a "friend" to do some test shots. Okay, I thought, I can handle that...

And then I found out who the friend was... KIMBERLY MCCOLE from DEAR DAISY COTTAGE. Widely published Kimberly McCole... Panic mode set in. For a week and a half I primped and pimped my home. I wanted it to be as near perfection as I could get it.



Kim and I spent the better part of a day together doing the shoot, had a great lunch, and by the time she left I felt as though I had known her my entire life. She's cool like that... And uber talented...

It wasn't long, maybe a couple of weeks, and I got another email from Fifi. This one said that an Italian design magazine wanted the story for the Dec/Jan issue and could I please complete the interview she had emailed immediately? Well...yeah!

Just like that a dream came true. I received my copy today and wanted to share it with you right away. It's been a crazy start to 2011. First to be selected as January 2011 COTTAGE OF THE MONTH AT THE OLD PAINTED COTTAGE and now to be featured in an Italian design magazine. Whooda thunk it?

Also pretty proud that I was considered the stylist for the pics and that everything with the exception of the styling for the fireplace shots is exactly how we live. I'm also happy that you get to see the garden cottage as well as the house.

Without further adeu, here is my feature in L'IDEA SHABBY CHIC.

THANK YOU FIFI AND KIM!























CLICK ON EACH PIC TO ENLARGE!

MANY LOVELY COMMENTS LEFT ON THIS POST WERE ACCIDENTLY DELETED BY THE AUTHOR IN AN ACT OF BLOGGER STUPIDITY. I AM DEEPLY SADDENED THAT THEY WERE LOST AND APOLOGIZE TO ALL WHOSE COMMENTS WERE DELETED.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...