Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, January 27, 2011

my favorite favorite

Oh how I love imperial trellis. There are lots of beautiful patterns out there, but this one is my favorite. But, of course, it is ridiculously expensive. The new imperial trellis design is by Kelly Werstler and to buy this fabric is about $80 or more a yard. yeah, WAY out of my price range.

I feel like most of the design blogs that I read are interior designers blogging to other interior designers. So, when they throw out terms like ikat, chevron, suzani print, lacquer....they assume that everyone knows what they are talking about. So, I'm sure most of you know what imperial trellis is, but if you do not, this is what it looks like. :)

I posted this pic before. It's Gwyneth Paltow's bathroom. I adore the black on black. Imperial trellis entry way. It's a bit busy for my taste, but still the trellis in green is gorgeous.

Love these chairs
Very creative here. These are 3 large pieces of canvas with fabric stretched over it for their wall art. beautiful!
I appreciate how they just did one dramatic wall here. I think the wallpaper would look amazing on the back wall of a bedroom.
Ok, so we know that the wallpaper and fabric is super expensive. Now, you feel like a project? The picture below was done by stencil. YES! It looks so amazing. What she did was she ordered just a sample of imperial trellis wallpaper. She traced it on a "make your own stencil" and then cut it with an exacto knife. It seems like a lot of work, but the results are amazing. Plus, you don't have the commitment of wallpaper. Maybe try it in a powder room?
If you don't have the time to figure out the make your own stencil, then there is one more alternative. I don't like it quite as much, but it's close. The pic below is a stencil sold on etsy and it's only $40! You can find it here.
Also, if you want to buy a throw pillow to add some glam to your living room, you can buy them on etsy. There are lots of different stores on etsy to get them, but one is here. Most of the trellis prints are a color on off white or cream. Keep that in mind if you have lots of white accents. Maybe order a swatch first? If you ever decide to stencil, send me pics afterwards!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...