Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Snowy Ride and Whispers of Christmas Past

A few days before Christmas – the 21st to be exact - we had a very pretty snowfall so early in the afternoon I asked Doug if we could take a ride so we headed on out into the country – what a peaceful ride with anticipation of Christmas soon to come and then the New Year. I wasn’t feeling well at all as you all know so I had hoped this would take my mind off of everything and it did for awhile so join me on my little 2 hour ride.

Snow on fence

Water Tower

Gate at B&B by our house

 B&B

Old Cabin

 Fence

Just too pretty fence 

Another house in country

House in country

 Country road

We put all our Christmas things away yesterday and today and I really miss the look and feel the greens and berries give. I could have left just those up but then it’s re-arranging everything in the containers to put them away later so just as easy to do it all at once.
My home feels bare now – what I had out before the decorating doesn’t feel right for some reason. Do you feel that way???
In a few days when my eyes have time to reconnect to the old familiar decor everything will be good again.
So I thought I put a few Whispers of Christmas Past for one last time.

Photo 10
Photo 9
Photo 8
Photo 7
Photo 6
Photo 5

Photo 1

Photo 2
Photo 4
Photo 3

Our New Years was very typical of all our New Years Eve’s. We stay home and have a nice evening meal and watch a few movies but this year he watched, I kind of did but read my Kindle – Doug had Steak and Crab Claws and I had a steak and that was our evening. Quiet and very traditional for us.
Today was a very lazy and snacking day and leftover Scalloped Potatoes for dinner tonight – maybe later I will pop some popcorn but it had better be sooner than later, it’s already 7 pm here.

Yesterday and today my discs hurt something awful so it has been keeping me low…but when I think of all those out there that are suffering I feel small – very small.
Some are hurting to the point of no healing so I thank the Lord I have just this bothering me and that brings me to
JEN of Taylor’s Farmhouse Attic 
http://taylorsfarmhouseattic.blogspot.com/
Jen…my heart goes out to your family, your brother, for the loss of his precious little son. What a tragedy. Your brother is strong…bless him and your entire family.
Robby
Jen’s Nephew Robby

Thank you to all my wonderful followers and friends – I’m so honored to have met several of you this past year and hope this coming year to meet even more of you. We all seem to be ‘like’ kind of people and that is a good thing.

May you all have a wonderful happy new year.
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...