Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Trash to Treasure End Table

A fun makeover I did last week to share!

I found this piece of furniture a couple weeks ago out on someone's curb, the night before trash day. :)

Looks like it had drawers at one time. I snatched it up and was super excited to get started on it!


This was day of demo. I had a picture of my demo but it somehow disappeared...All I did was jigsaw/hammer the inside out, which was the shelf like things that once held drawers. One was broke anyways.

And I had an excellent "helper" who loved to play peek-a-boo in the box. :)


And here it is today!!

I painted it with the free paint I got from the salvage center.
Sherwin Williams-Dutch Tile Blue
(Inside) Valspar-Coastal Fog

I sanded down the edges and then added a dark walnut stain.


This is what I did. I rummaged through my garage because I wanted to use what I had if possible.

Beadboard for the back (leftover from kitchen reno)
2 pieces of smooth plywood (leftover from my son's bed project)
Piece of trim to cover up edge of plywood (leftover from bathroom reno)

Easy!


Why I picked up this trash piece...because I LOVED the original molding! Isn't it pretty?



I'm planning on redoing our master bedroom. So this is definitely a piece I will add to our "new" room.


Thanks for stopping by today! I'll hopefully get back tomorrow with some light fixture makeovers if hubby can put them up for me tonight. :)



HOG







0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...