Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 11, 2010

Bustin' Out

Josie sent me this image from Cote de Texas, commenting that using light colors was easier for renters and husbands... Me, I immediately focused on the bust -- I'm not sure what it is about busts (perhaps the pretentious classical education references?), but they are immensely appealing right now.


Here's a bust of David from Restoration Hardware:


And here's my interpretation -- a slightly shabby thrift store find, painted black (I like that it keeps it from being too pretentious), combined with brass and gold pieces:


Embarrassingly, I have no idea who my bust is of.

Too classical for you? You can always top a bust with your favorite pair of goggles or a bowler to tweak it up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...