Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Fall has arrived – but just a peek!

I debated when I was taking my pictures today whether I should give a sneak peek of what I did over the weekend or put the full picture on.

I decided to tease you all and put some close-ups of them instead and maybe I should have titled my post ‘The Color Orange’…okay that’s what it is going to be, I made up my mind – you get a tease of the close-ups.  (Full pictures in my next post)

But first – I just found out this week that little LOLA my kitty is basically deaf. She has had so many ear infections over the last few years and many polyps and both ear drums are ruptured from it all. She can only hear when we’re right up close to her and she can feel vibration when we walk into a room but we have to step a bit harder than normal if we want her attention. I’ve been putting medicine in each ear twice a day and she’ll be better till it all comes back again – it’s just a repeat every few months.
Lola1

Pumpkin line

And as long as I’m on animals – the birds were out in full force today. I have been resting in the screen room most of the day because I had the 2nd shot yesterday in my lower back and am told to rest a few days to let it work…yeah...that’s not working too well, I don’t really know what the word REST means...but I’m trying.

I think they were getting their day out because it was a gorgeous 75 degrees wirh no wind, full sun – just perfect. The squirrels were making holes in our mulch everywhere! Hearing them digging through all the leaves was rather grating on one’s nerves after awhile!

Anyway I got several pictures of birds in the birdbath – never seen that many at one time. Usually if one flys in the others leaves but not this time. Water was just a flying. I took a video too but I don’t know how to get it on here.
There were anywhere from 4 to 7 at one time.
Birds in birdbath

Birds in water

Pumpkin line

So on to the sneak peek – oh maybe I should have just put the full photos on. Consider this like I said “The Color Orange”

Closeup 1

Closeup 2

Closeup 3

Closeup 4

Closeup 5

Closeup 6

Closeup 7

Closeup 8 

Closeup 10

Closeup 11

Closeup 12

Closeup 13

Closeup 14

Closeup 15

So there you have it – can you guess what some of these photos are of – and what room they are in? You’ve all seen my house enough you should know by now!

Pumpkin line

Last month I finally got the pictures I’ve been wanting for the stairway wall – now I am not happy with the wall color but that’s another topic I can’t go into yet, I’ll get in trouble if I even mention changing it! But we’ll see…

I bought the Declaration of independence, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington. Now they just don’t make them all in the same size so it does make it difficult for placement but I think I got it okay – being they are going up the stairway the different sizes worked.

Aren’t they just such handsome men! I think so…
Stairway wall

President pictures stairs

Pumpkin line

I’m getting my Bittersweet sometime this weekend  from a friend so then I’ll add it to my Fall decorating and take a full photo when it’s finished…that’s also why you aren’t getting the full shots today. The few little pieces I have aren’t worth the money I paid for them.

Have a wonderful rest of the week and weekend.

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...