Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bittersweet and Friends

…But NOT bittersweet friends…

Yesterday was such a wonderfully warm Fall day and to make it even better a friend and her husband )from the forums and blogging) came for a visit and she brought me tons of Bittersweet  - and they came all the way from Sheboygan…which is about two hours from here! Thank You Kathy!
Kathy and Karen 

I don’t have words enough to say how much I appreciated this – while they were here we visited a bit, I gave Kathy a little gift and then I took them to Lunch at my favorite place The Cottonpicker.  We all decided on the same thing…The Black Forrest Sandwich - Ham/Turkey/Cheese and grilled on Dark Rye…Oh My Gosh…melted in your mouth.

The gift was one of my Pumpkin pictures and I wrapped it in one of the hanging tab towels I make and then tied a cluster of Sweet Annie to it.

Gift for Kathy
Pumpkin picture

Cottonpicker rest. 
Cottonpicker inside

Then back home and I offered them some fresh Apple Pie but we were all way too full.
Pie 1
Pie 2
Pie 3
Pie 4
Pie 5
Pie 6
Just thought I’d tease you a little bit…my goodness it was good!

After they left I emptied the bags in the driveway and started pulling it all apart and seeing just what I have to work with – I’m so anxious now to get it around the house which will be tomorrow sometime because today I’m sewing on orders.
Bags of Bittersweet
Bittersweet on driveway
Bittersweet on line

My back/hips/legs are feeling somewhat better after my 2nd shot on Wednesday – I’m soooo hoping the third shot is the charm…that it all goes away (at least for a few months anyway) it’s really wearing me down…but that’s life when you get old!!!

During the week I’ll take pictures of the Bittersweet all out in its glory where it belongs. I’m glad I left it in the screen room because just over night most of the berries popped open and there are yellow shells everywhere…they kind of fly a bit when they open.

Oh and if poor little Lola doesn’t have enough going on with her – now she must have a cold or something because since Thursday she has been sneezing and not just a little. Sometimes she starts and it’s like she can’t stop – so tomorrow she’s going to the vet. Beginning to feel like my ‘business income’ is mainly to pay for her treatments.

I received an e-mail from one of my customers and she sent a couple pictures of the chair backers she ordered on her chairs..looks nice huh?
Carlenes chair backer 1
Carlenes chair backer 2

Thank you for joining me on this gorgeous Fall Sunday.
P.S. how do you all know almost instantly that someone posts…do you get an e-mail saying so…if so how do you set that up?

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...