Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Be Thankful Canvas

For my Birthday a couple months ago, my sweet friend gave me a bag of goodies! Inside was a small canvas to do whatever my heart contents!

So finally yesterday, I got it out and did a little project.

This was very easy. I did most of it standing in the kitchen while watching my 3 year old in between.

I first painted it country tan-Apple Barrel paints. As you can see to the side, I picked out a saying I wanted and chose kind of the layout I would like to paint on the computer.


Here's my painting trick. I HATE to measure. I'm a lazy crafter. LOL So I take painter's tape and lay it out to make my "line" to follow. I just really eye ball it. I have been doing this for years with my signs and it works great! You can eliminate the time to measure and to erase pesky pencil marks which are hard to erase sometimes.

I used stencils, I already had. Hobby Lobby and Michaels are getting better with time with providing decent stencils. Get them at a great price on sale or with a 40-50% coupon that is provided about weekly in their ads!


I really stenciled the words at random, which was nice. Afterwards, I took a small brush and fill in the "gaps" in some of the letters from using a stencil. I think it looks more "finished". But either way looks good.


Then I had painted some falling leaves and done!

I don't have much for Thanksgiving decor, so this will be perfect for sweet November.


With this canvas, staples were visible on the sides, so I super glued a dark green ribbon to hide them.


So what projects have you been doing lately? I hope I inspired you to get out the paint brushes and create your own art! Who knew it could be so easy?!

Today's agenda is cleaning out the craft room. I got the garage done last week so I thought I better keep it going...it feels great to clear some stuff out!

Have a great day!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...