Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, October 17, 2010

S.S.S.M.

And what you say is an S.S.S.M?

SUPER SONIC SENIOR MOMENT.......

So here is story number one from the Marburger show. Let me preface it by saying this was not my most intelligent action and I highly recommend that you don't try this at home...

I can't begin to tell you why I adopted this practice but rather than mix the checks customers had written with the cash in my little bag I carry, I had started stamping the back with my bank stamp and then putting them in a zippered bank bag and stashing them under my counter... I can literally hear the eye rolling guys...

The bag was tucked under some stuff and myself or Mr. Sweet Pea are always in the booth behind the counter. The show starts on Tuesday and Mr. Pea makes a bank run on Wednesday so by Thursday when this happened the bag had checks from Wednesday only. I had finished a transaction where a check was written and as usual I stamped the back and reached for the bag...

NOT THERE.

I literally felt the booth spin around me. I had no idea how much was in the bag in total but I knew I had done at least two large sales the day before. I was also sure that I had taken a check that day as well. Once I had gotten the attention of Mr. Sweet Pea, he and my besty Calvin literally went on a search and rescue mission for my bag as they thought maybe it fell into the shopping bag of the customer who had just left. I was sure it hadn't but their efforts were appreciated all the same.

In the meantime I asked a shuttle driver to alert the sheriff on the show grounds and ask one of them to come to the booth. As I waited I called my bank and put an alert on the account and waited in anguish over the money I had so stupidly lost.

In minutes not one but four deputies were standing in the opening of the booth. I explained what had happened and one of them asked for my driver's license to make a report. I got my purse, opened it to get my wallet and... you know what I'm going to say don't you? Again with the eye rolling?

THE BANK BAG... I had never gotten it out of my purse though I was sure I had. For a split second I considered acting like I didn't see it to save face. But I swallowed what little pride I had left and turned holding it in the air to face four sheriff's deputies looking at me like the airhead I was.

Okay so I know it turned out well and what's a little egg on your face right? The moral of the story is I learned a huge lesson and I hope my sharing this with you might prevent a disaster for one of you.

PS~All checks are now tucked safely away with the money in my trusty little purse that I carry right on me. All's well that ends well...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...