Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, February 19, 2011

What do you get when….

you drive 98 miles one way just to get to a store?
(I made a goof in linking to someone’s blog and it messed my post up for those following me so I had to repost…disregard if you have already read this…nothing new has been added…just needed to get back on track – AND I SEE IT’S STILL LINKING TO HER BLOG….darn…don’t know how to get it off the heading)

A fantastic experience in a most wonderful Prim shop. Yep, we finally got to go to Yore Country Home in Gotham, WI. Oh my what fun. I no more got my head in the door and Theresa all bubbly said “I know who you are”…lol  I completely forgot that I had left a comment on her blog that we might drive over there on Thursday and she remembered my face from my blog.
Here’s her blog link:
http://www.yorecountryhome.blogspot.com/
Yore Store 
The store is so big it took awhile to take it all in and let me tell you the prices are wonderful.

Theresa just started carrying rug hooking wool and patterns so I took along two of my rug hooking projects so we could determine a color for some areas and we did…I bought some fabric which she immediately cut into strips for me as well as some I brought along.

I could have set up home in that place and Theresa is like a long lost friend with here wonderful personality.

Thanks Theresa for such a wonderful couple hours.

Besides the wool fabric we purchased a great old grain hopper that I think we will use in the screen room with Geraniums in it – she had it displayed that way and I liked it.

Theresa and Karen
 Karen and Theresa

Grain hopper top
Clipper Grain Box

Now I am not sure how many photos I took there but there are many – so I put them in albums.
Click on albums to view larger









Hope you enjoyed your tour…it’s a huge store.

We also went to Country Sampler in Spring Green and I found some more Mercury Ornaments. Mostly large ones but a couple of the small ones…at Christmas time I was on a mission to find them.
Click on album to view larger

My goodies from Country Sampler
Bellsnickel Chocolate Mold

Love Monahan Papers – got another sheet
Paper

Mercury Ornaments and glitter garland that I’m going to use as the ornament strings
Mercury Ornaments

That’s the road trip 240 miles later - I hope you enjoyed it!
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...