Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Craving Some Cookies

We were snowed in last week, had an empty stock of food and I was craving something sweet, BIG TIME! I had no eggs, so I sent my hubby to our small grocery store a couple blocks away. They had no eggs! What?!

Then I saw Heather's post on her Chocolate Oatmeal No-Bake Cookies...I was really excited until I realized I had no cocoa in my house. Bummer.

So I went on with my day but was still craving something sweet. So I went searching and found a recipe for Peanut Butter No-Bake Cookies! I went straight to the kitchen and whipped them up. Me and my boys got our fix with some homemade sweets!



Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)

In Large saucepan, mix sugar, margarine and milk. Bring to a full, rolling boil over medium heat.

Boil for one minute, stirring constantly

Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla, stirring until peanut butter is melted. Then stir in oats.

Working quickly, drop spoonfuls of cookie mix onto waxed paper.

Let cool and harden. Then enjoy!!

Now I better go work out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...