Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

the family table

Every night when we "sit" down to dinner, my kids sit up at the island and Brad and I stand on the other side. We have done this forever and I have no idea why! A little before Christmas, I told Brad I wanted a little kitchen table where the 4 of us can enjoy meals together. So, as my Christmas present, he bought me this table. You know you are officially an adult when you get a table for Christmas! So, my present was the table and only the table. New chairs would cost around $100 plus per chair. So, I am on the look out for 4 fun chairs that I can re-cover! And actually, I so prefer this rather than buying chairs. It's all in the thrill of the hunt for me. Plus, I can choose my own fabric. So, for now, I have my $4 thrift store chairs there.
The new rug turned out to be a bust. I ordered this rug last week and got it yesterday. It is too small! I thought the 6 foot one would do it, but it did not. Once I switch it out with the 8 foot rug, I'll post pics. I do love the natural fibers thought along with the white. It gives that space a little bit of a "beachy feel."

sweet breakfast nook


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...