Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Something the rest of you have too!

I know we are in the same situation as half the US - but I’m one who LOVES it…as long as I don’t have to get out to get to a job - back when I worked it was a headache but now it’s just plain fun!

Doug started clearing at 6 this morning and it’s 11:30 and he just came in.
I took so many pictures but I promise I won’t bore you with ALL of them.

We also prepared for power outages with enough propane for the screen room heater and grill and the fireplace is ready to go…but fortunately we weren’t in the area that lost power…some of Burlington did though.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Last night shortly after the blizzard started we got a little silly - around 6 pm we bundled up and headed out on a walk and my gosh the wind blew so hard and going into it my face froze! It felt like sand pelting it.

At first I had my scarf up by my face but the scarf got wet from breath so my cheeks got very icy - time to come back home. We were gone 25 minutes - that’s all my hips could take too trying to walk through drifts but it was still fun. And it really wasn’t all that cold in temperature, but the wind made it feel that way. It was 23 degrees when we left.

Karen on walk

Doug on walk

The old water tower at noon and then at 6 p.m.

Tower at noon    Tower at 6pm

I woke up at 3 this morning and couldn’t get back to sleep…I looked outside and was in awe of the snow and the wind…goodness it blew.

Courtyard at 3 a.m. and 6 a.m.
I used the fence and the birdhouse as my guide for snow height
3 am courtyard 6 am courtyard 4

Front yard at 3 and 6 a.m.
 Front yard 3 am  6 am front

Front entrance and yard light at 6 a.m.
Yard light

Garage at 6 a.m.
Snow at garage  Doug by garage door up to hip

Garage 2    Blowing driveway 2

Starting the front walks
Front 1   Coming up front walk  

Front Walk   Coming up front walk 2  

Man Down!!!
Man Down
 

The finished product
Front of house 1
Front walk 1
Overhang….
Overhang

I think we’re going to have the white stuff for months to come!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wishing the Green Bay Packers a Super Bowl win!
Green_Bay_Packers

Thanks for visiting!
Stay safe and warm

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...