Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

cheap lamp

I was browsing through Goodwill the other day. I just love finding fun, cheap home items that I can bring back to life. :) If you are need of a lamp or pair of lamps and don't want to spend alot, I highly recommend going to a thrift store. They usually always have those old brass lamps that only need a pretty high gloss spray paint job.

This lamp was only $3. The shades they come with aren't usually the greatest, but you can find a pretty inexpensive drum shade at target, HG, TJ Maxx, etc. I spray painted it with Rustoleums Granite Satine. The paint had the most beautiful finish. To add to this lamp, maybe add a fun mirror and maybe some yellow chevron pillows.....amazing.
after:


Just look for a brass lamp with a great base shape. The best part is that you can pick the color!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...