Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sometimes ya just have to get away!

And so I did!  I have been so busy with sewing my hands are about numb….so I took a much needed 3 day break and it was so worth it.

We had a great time with my brother and his wife as we always do…they are our best friends and that means so much to me having my brother as one of my best friends. Don’t get much better than that does it. He’s 7 years older than me but we sort of balance the years out just fine

When we decided to go up north to visit them I had a shopping goal in mind…A SIMPLER TIME shop in Ripon, WI.
I have heard so much about this store and asked by many who know I live in Wisconsin if I’ve ever been there…sadly I had to say I hadn’t…but now I can say I’ve been there and I’m a better person for it! lol

If you are into Colonial/Primitive and live close enough to this wonderful store then it’s a must for you to go! My husband and brother both thought it was one of the best they’ve seen and believe me Gail and I have taken them to MANY over the years.

I was so impressed just walking into the closed in porch….I didn’t need to go any further to know I HAD LANDED! Ohhhhh the scents of a Prim shop just wafted through the porch and when we opened the door I think we both went ….OOOOOOHHHHHH very quietly to ourselves.
This house/shop was transformed into one of the loveliest ‘period’ stores. Each room of this Colonial house was jam packed with tin ware, tin lamps, wovens, candles, pictures, cupboards, furniture, PEWTER to die for – oh I could go on and on but instead I’ll post some photos.

Later I will post pictures of the goodies I bought – which wasn’t much but the one thing I bought took most of my spending money!
(Click photo to enlarge)

Outside
A Simpler Time 1
A Simpler Time 2
A Simpler Time 4
A Simpler Time 5
A Simpler Time 6
A Simpler Time 7
A Simpler Time 8
A Simpler Time 9
A Simpler Time 10
A Simpler Time 11
A Simpler Time 3
Judy and karen
Judy A Simpler Time outside

After shopping and chatting with Judy – whom I felt I knew pretty good by then – we headed towards town for lunch and then off to some other shops that sort of didn’t have much appeal after our first experience at A Simpler Time.
If you get a chance please visit!  http://www.simplertime.com/shop/scripts/default.asp?s=asimplertime

paflagline1 I can’t thank all of you enough for going on the treasure hunt for my fabric.
I stopped at one today on the way home and bought what they had – 1 yard 11 inches WOW!  lol 
The clerk did finally tell me it’s discontinued and did check on line nation wide and found a couple JoAnn’s with some so they called and will have what they have sent to their shop and then I can pick it up…but it’s 5 yards….it will have to do cuz that’s all there is out there I guess.

Hope you are having a great week…mine started out wonderful and now it’s back to the ‘norm’ and back to sewing.
Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...