Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Friends and Gifts and my Winnings Arrived!

What better gift than that of friendship!
We were blessed yesterday to be with our dearest friends – the one’s
I mentioned in my previous post.
Even though we are a world apart in distance we pick up right were
we left off with lots of fun and laughing….and reminiscing about
our younger years and hopes for our future.
Bill and Linda have been mentioned in my Blog more times than anyone else…what can I say. I love them to pieces. Linda is our vibrant, fun,
intelligent leader and Bill is like our brother…he’s also intelligent,
fun and oh the protector.
Isn’t life grand when you have such wonderful friends in your life?

They arrived at our house at one yesterday afternoon – we talked, laughed, ate and ate some more and then went out to dinner – more food!
Our evening ended at 9:30 and off to bed we went,
1:30 would come awfully early.
So here we are sleepy eyed and puffy faced at 2:00 a.m.
Well, I guess I should talk about just myself…I’m puffy faced!
Linda HAD TO HAVE HER COFFEE NO MATTER WHAT SO THAT WAS
ALL DONE BREWING BEFORE SHE HIT THE BOTTOM STEP!
Bill Linda Doug
Karen and Bill
I couldn’t love Billy more! Guess I should have combed my hair!!!
Please pray they sell their home soon so they can head back
to the States…we miss them so much.

Soooo, on to my gorgeous winnings…it came!
I don’t know what I was more anxious about…the package that
came yesterday or Bill and Linda’s arrival.
My winnings from Katherine at http://oldbranchhollow.blogspot.com/ are so wonderful – you just should see this bunny up close…he’s adorable and his outfit is made of blue wool felt and grunged lightly…LOVING IT!
And just look at that darling journal/note book….it has the parchment paper inside too!  Oh, and the eggs in the basket….the colors here don’t show up well but they are sooooo pretty.
Thank you so much Katherine.
Winnings from Kathrine

And finally….I set out my Yellow Ware Eggs…not where I thought they’d go but after looking at the table throw I saw a match here….the woven fabric is deep golden yellow and black…so I just put the eggs in the goose bowl…and I like it…very simple and not overdone…. I like the simple look anyway….do you like it or should I have put them in a different setting?
Goose with Eggs

I just have to say how happy I am that the forum I belong to has now started a published, printed magazine to come out in August…called
A PRIMITIVE PLACE
Go to this link to read all about it – I’m so anxious to see
what the cover will be - Margo Gracia of Circa 1892 Homestead Primitives
http://www.picturetrail.com/1892homesteadprimitives  )
will be taking photos for all the covers…how wonderful is that?

I hope you all will go and subscribe to a subscription
http://www.aprimitiveplace.org/APP-Magazine.html
Kristine is dedicated to giving us all a refreshing new magazine.
Congratulations to everyone involved – you are all awesome team members.
And I just found out today that one of our bloggers Dan…
from http://dan-yesterdayoncemore.blogspot.com
is joining the staff. CONGRATULATIONS Dan and Good Luck.

I know there’s more but I can’t think straight…up too
early – eyes are burning and red!
I’m not 25 anymore – can’t keep those hours.
Gosh, I’m not even 50 anymore…those days are GONE!

Have a great week and see ya back here later.
Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...