Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Seeing Red….but I’m not angry! Winning!

This post will have a few little things and pictures. I have the last of my COLOR pictures that I thought I’d post….they have been in a folder on my computer desktop and I keep looking at it and decided to get it over with – I know it’s close to my last ‘color’ post but I wanted to put the file away.

First though - I WON A GIVE A-WAY over at http://oldbranchhollow.blogspot.com/
Katherine had the most wonderful offerings and now
they are heading to my home!
Aren’t these just the best????  Look, there’s a ‘K’ on the journal! Who knew!
THANK YOU KATHERINE – I’m anxiously awaiting my treasures.
giveaway2 Bring on the sun

On Thursday our best friends, Bill and Linda, who live on the island of St. Kitts flew home for the funeral of her father so we attended as well and were happy to be able to spend some time with them and her family. The funeral was in IL so it was a full day of it and regardless of the sad happening we all had a wonderful visit. Many of her relatives attended…some we have met before some new to us.
They’re coming to our house on Monday sometime and staying overnight and on Tuesday we’ll take them to Chicago O’Hare so they can fly back home.
We’ll miss them terribly. We don’t get to visit as often as we did when they lived 3 hours away from us here in Wisconsin.
But good news….they have their island home up for sale and are anxiously awaiting the sale so they can come back to the states….they’ll relocate in Raleigh, NC near her sister but that’s okay…it’s a beautiful place to live and visit. Good for all involved.  We couldn’t be happier for the news!
Pictures were taken and hopefully I will have one of the 4 of us soon to post.
Bill, Linda and the kids 
The kids in the picture with them (I tried to put a box around Bill and Linda) are the kids from the Children’s Home which is a huge passion of theirs from the moment they arrived on the island – I’m sure of all the things they will miss by being away from St. Kitts it will be their kids….it has been their passion for the past 10 years…and the kids love them just as much.

Bring on the sun 

Well, that ‘Seeing Red’ thing I mentioned…here goes….and yes, it will be the last of my ‘color’ photos….not much left in my house to take pictures of unless we start  some new textures like…
dust bunnies and fairy lace…of those I have a few too many!

Basket

Bookboard

Bowl Counter 

Box Candle Paddle

Chair

Curtains

Doll Dress

Fireplace

Flags

FR Curtains

Game Board

Hall Wallpaper

Lamp Shade

Leather Chair

Paper and Chair Rail

Pomegranets

Red Bag

Red Caddy

Red Corner Cupboard

Red Towel

Rug

Shelf

Sofa

Wallpaper

Table Square

Bring on the sun

Remember last week we went to Columbus, OH buying well one of the vendors ‘Doug Musser’ had a gorgeous mustard cupboard that I was going to buy for my den…As I’m getting my money out to pay for my huge bag of ‘pods’ (I showed you in the last post) and the cupboard…guess what? The lady ahead of me was buying it!  Talk about a let down! Here’s the cupboard…hopefully we can get it yet at his shop in Indiana in a few months.

Mustard Cabinet

Bring on the sun

Hope you enjoyed my post today – The next few days will be getting ready for company and then enjoying that company and then it’s off to Chicago on Tuesday and then Wednesday we have another funeral to attend. One of my first cousins passed away today from cancer – she was only 62.

Enjoy and see you all on Thursday
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...