Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, March 14, 2010

A New Birthday Tradition

We've added a little something extra special at birthday time this year... an advent calendar to count down to birthday day. The idea is to fill each pocket with a little note from someone in the family. Each message will be something we appreciate about the birthday child. After reading their blessing for the day, the little birthday bear can move closer to the #1 spot on the calendar.



I was thinking of making my own calendar *until* I found the most wonderfully simple and beautiful advent wall hanging from a woman named Heather Shaw. She has an and Etsy shop called Pi'lo. Everything there is beautiful.


image courtesy Pi'lo

The hanging is linen with felt pockets, and is hung by a twig (included). Could it be any sweeter?
I was so thrilled to have found this calendar as it has all the elements I love. I couldn't wait to get it in the mail, and I was overjoyed when I received it!


I love the details she put into the packaging. Like the corrugated cardboard she used for wrapping.


The straw tie and stamped clothespin are other sweet touches.


And look who was peering up at me when I finally decided to open it up:


This sweet itty bitty bear.



He'll have many happy years of hopping from one pocket to another in anticipation of the big day.


Aside from being as cute as a button, this wall hanging is also beautifully made. The quality is outstanding and I couldn't be happier with my special purchase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...